After finally getting to read my January Creating Keepsakes Magazine last night....it got me motivated to make some Scrapbook goals for 2008. Since part of my plan is to SPARKLE in the scrapbook world I thought it would be good to get them down here on my blog....so here is the Master Plan (which if you go to page 75 in the Jan. Creating Keepsakes Magazine you can read the article).
1. set realistic scrapbook goals....I will try to create 8-10 layouts a week. I know that may seem like a bunch...but if I shoot high I may still get a lot accomplished.
2. make a list of must-have pages for this year. (ex: work on layouts for Chelsea. She will be a senior next year and I need to get her school albums up to date, work on vacations photos...etc.)
3. create homes for layouts. Chose an album for each year I am working on. Label it with the year and each layout I complete will go there, even if I am scrapbooking out of order.
4. create a scrapbook calendar to write my scarpbooking goals in.
5. submit layouts each month. Keep current with pub calls and send in as many as possible.
7. scrapbook so I can record the moments of my life, my family and friends...while enjoying the creative outlet that allows me to express my self through my art....my scrapbook layouts.
8. purge and organize my scrapbook space
9. enjoy the process and do not get stressed about meeting each goal....do my best
This is a mini calendar I covered with scrapbook supplies I had on hand. Made of couple of these from $1 calendars I found at Michaels. Gave a couple a way and decided to go the simple route and use this to write my daily scrapbook goals. ( I am using the one that says "today"...as in do it "today"). No time like the present.
The first three days of this week is dedicated to get my scrap space organized. Then it is on to creating.